Re: [Xen-users] VM getting hang

To: gopikrishnan <gopikrishnan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] VM getting hang
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:07:00 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 02:07:39 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 4:46 PM, gopikrishnan <gopikrishnan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We have a few XEN virtual machines in our main node.  The issue goes like, at
> some particular time, some VPS wont come after reboot and it will get hanged
> during the booting process. Suppose, if we try to reboot a perfectly working
> vps in the same node during that time, then that also will get down.

Let me guess. You're using external storage? Probably a non-enterprise one?
If yes, then most likely it's your storage (disks, controller, SAN
switches) that's acting up.

If not, then you better give more info about your setup. Saying "help,
my machine hangs" without any more info won't get you anywhere. Start
with :
- what OS/xen combo that you use
- what your hardware setup is like
- what do log files say (/var/log/messages, etc.)
- what do iostat, top, and xmtop shows

Regards,

Fajar