[Xen-users] Re: DRBD and Xen - LVM on the top or not

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: DRBD and Xen - LVM on the top or not
From: Antonin Kral <A.Kral@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:22:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:22:59 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello again,

I would like to update my previous post. I was almost decided to go with
CLVM on the top of the DRBD, but I found the note in docs, that
snapshotting is not cluster aware (
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Cluster_Logical_Volume_Manager/cluster_activation.html
)

So the setup for migration and backups could be, that Heartbeat2 will be
used for managing activation of domU and LV, while DRBD will be in
dual-primary mode.

Could anybody share some BCP on the setup? Thank you,

    Antonin