[Xen-users] trouble setting up external IP

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] trouble setting up external IP
From: Charlie Reddington <charlie.reddington@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:21:35 -0600
Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:22:22 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject:date :x-mailer; bh=QQS8keXPILgYTXG6/XZKajou1O055BaLVgsMeHsGMUE=; b=KpxX1BLPBhkmcsa+wIewZDtS1waiv3AimWqosLRM8ICxQB+ekP8/uXVo0WKyy3igk2 59T4ts1Wi+VGLpme9aHnfr10Go0c+0T/zBqBNia25M6u27jvYdtymzvMrnoNgRWqmJhv NgOgzneOSRZn7G3qbKhDO8MfaZQXgCFbgM6rY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey Everyone,

I've never run into this problem before so I'm not exactly sure where to start.

If I leave the dhcp settings alone, and let the new guest VM take the settings, I can successfully ping outside and connect past the dom0.

But when I try to setup the interface to use external settings, I can not ping outside. I can ping the local host (guest vm), I can ping the gateway. But I can't go out from there.

I have a few external IP's that I knew for a fact where working, as I shut down a box to setup this box. So I'm not sure if this is perhaps an issue with the comcast router / modem that I have, or with settings I have in place on the guest vm / dom0.

I've done this before, and I tried comparing my setups and they seem to be the same.

Any suggestions on where / how to start looking here would be greatly appreciated.

Charlie