Re: [Xen-users] migrate file-based vm to lvm?

Ferenc Wagner wrote on Wed, 07 Jan 2009 17:46:27 +0100:

> If you dd the file to an LV, that LV will be usable as a whole disk
> (xvda) by your domU, exactly like the file was.

Staying with xvda doesn't achieve very much. e.g. you may get a little bit
of performance (not much), but the handling is still the same, e.g. no
easy mounting and working on the filesystem. If you keep using xvda you
can just stay with files.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany