Re: [Xen-users] Is it possible to allow multiple vnc clients to one DomU

To: "Oliver Wilcock" <oliver@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Is it possible to allow multiple vnc clients to one DomU?
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 23:59:15 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:00:05 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=iRvAfEwtls2Ls8lB+9ZGqn+rcTyuaJ8GJFVLm99q4H0=; b=WZzWxVXI70fT1udRmexVLg2FkUbAzJeJ97kdgi0RFl0AEXQ26PwDxkpvYmQSD+kFTW yIlj4Z2Bl7npQZCSPIN0/tSTDuf/5/0eKlBIK39kFtodsIo9V2f9PRhIXdwGD7qx4bki K6TIz+HZ51oDMPz/1okWZr3hNkYej2g/ZuQwQ=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Oliver Wilcock <oliver@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Oliver Wilcock <oliver@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> At present (Xen 3.2 in SLES10SP2) the second simultaneous attempt to
>>> connect by a vnc client to the same DomU just hangs.  If the first vnc
>>> client closes its connection the second vnc client can make some
>>> progress.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to change this behaviour with a configuration option such
>>> that both VNC clients can connect simultaneously?
>>>

>> Have you looked into the -ViewOnly option of vncviewer?
>>
>> Some vnc clients may have a listen mode or the like which would be
>> similar.
>>
>> Maybe this is the option you are looking for (vncviewer)
>>  -Shared
>>               When  you  make a connection to a VNC server, all other
>> existing
>>               connections are normally closed.  This option requests that
>> they
>>               be  left  open,  allowing  you to share the desktop with
>> someone
>>               already using it.
>>

>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Todd
>
> Doesn't help.  I'm convinced the behaviour is is a characteristic, or
> perhaps unimplemented feature, of the built-in vnc server in qemu.

Could be. Has anyone tried similar VNC setups on newer versions of Xen?

If it doesn't work on newer versions, it could just be a matter of
integrating a newer qemu/vncserver into the Xen code.

Thanks,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane