Re: [Xen-users] How to move from pygrub to pv-grub?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How to move from pygrub to pv-grub?
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:40:31 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 14:41:20 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=fqBOUPKIDe0hsCqRjwEnGKEj5v6PUN/POcsONFjv3IE=; b=XdHqb3eaHody3/QsewfagmpQPriLSd/MXMiFkg2tj/JCI8d9dZ0I7k3BGahqumO4Cl yWAB2+jHIpH7VGd+MnsrBslHb4RYlMoeIKWKKA6YJm2Np718FFVBEieeTcwrl8yYLFBY n9fTfprJdSpnG3ZkEVir1Ib+cREwGB5O/E+L8=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I installed the Xen-3.3.0 rpms from the gitco repo today on a new CentOS
> 5.2 machine. I'm using only pv-CentOS guests and everything works just
> fine as it did with Xen 3.2. (e.g. xm create and my domU starts with
> pygrub just fine). However, I see that pygrub is deprecated and that I
> should move to pv-grub. But I don't get this running.
>
> I read the README in /etc/xen, the xmexample.pv-grub and also a few
> threads about pv-grub, for instance
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2008-08/msg00978.html
> and the blog post at http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2008/08/28/xen-33-
> feature-pv-grub/ (which isn't really helpful as it is only a general
> overview).

For some reason that thread is broken on the xensource server:
(a good place to check is xen.markmail.org)

This might be the key bit of info you are missing:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2008-08/msg01083.html

If that is not it, let us know and we can dig into the issue some more.

There may also be some patches that you need that happened after
the 3.3 release, but one step at a time I guess.

Cheers,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane