Re: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough, poor network performance in upload dire

Am Donnerstag, den 11.12.2008, 17:36 -0600 schrieb Luis F Urrea:
> Thomas,
>
> I had to enable msi, since I was getting errors when the interfaces
> were brought up as suggested below:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Xen-3.3.0-PCI-passthrough-with-pciback.hide-td20835971.html
>
> I could certainly try with the 2.6.26-XEN-Kernel.
>
> Could you please explain how would I go about using a different kernel
> than the one the Xen build downloads using hg?

in _domU_ :

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb      http://ftp.uni-bayreuth.de/linux/Debian/debian/  lenny  main
non-free contrib

# apt-get update && apt-get install linux-image-2.6.26-1-xen-amd64 &&
reboot -n

should give you:

# uname -r
2.6.26-1-xen-amd64

> I am installing Xen 3.3.0 from sources.

But your guest is still Linux with an "editable Bootloader from domu"
through pvgrub. and yes - you can have multiple kernels and choose them
through grub :)

Ey - it still Linux. Linux itself is just a kernel and a bunch of files
- so let's treat them as files ;)

Thomas