[Xen-users] Networking problem when domU ID is greater then 64

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Networking problem when domU ID is greater then 64
From: Ralf Müller <ralf@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:23:19 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:24:00 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Today I run an update of several domU systems. For that I had to reboot
these domU's several times. After each reboot the the id of these domU's
increased - as expected. When I reached id 63 or 64 the resulting domU's
still got a network interface but was no longer able to send/receive data
via this interface. Data simply vanished without an error.

Is this a known problem, is this something I can fix in some way or
was this happening only here and now?

Host System: OpenSuSE 11.0 (Xen 3.2.1)
PV DomU's upgraded from SuSE 10.0 to 11.0

Regards
Ralf

--
       An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.