Re: [Xen-users] lenny amd64 and xen.

Am Samstag, den 22.11.2008, 20:19 +0400 schrieb Nicolas Ruiz:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pretty interesting study this kind of solution for my office.
> Following questions from Pasi, i would like to know from you, Thomas,
> if you are using a SAN for your cluster.

i build up my own SAN with mdadm, lvm und vblade.

> If so, what kind of data access technologies you use with.

ATAoverEthernet, which sends ATA-commands over Ethernet (Layer2). It's
something like SAN over Ethernet and much faster than iscsi, since no
tcp/ip is used. also failover was very tricky with iscsi....

> Last question, how do you manage HA, Live migration and snapshots :
> owned scripts ?

heartbeat2 with crm and constraints and the rest is managed through
openqrm.

> Thanks a lot for any response from yourself.
>
> Nicolas.
>
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
>         On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:47:35AM +0100, Thomas Halinka
>         wrote:
>         > Hi Again,
>         >
>         > Am Freitag, den 21.11.2008, 10:16 +0100 schrieb Mauro:
>         > >
>         > >
>         > > 2008/11/20 Thomas Halinka <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
>         > >         Hi Mauro,
>         > >
>         > >         Am Donnerstag, den 20.11.2008, 13:03 +0100 schrieb
>         Mauro:
>         > >         > I've installed debian lenny amd64, it is frozen
>         now.
>         > >         > I've install kernel for xen support but it
>         doesn't start.
>         > >
>         > >
>         > >         Im running lenny dom0
>         > >
>         > > Do you use lenny with xen in production environments?
>         >
>         > Yep - im running a XEN-Cluster on debian lenny with about 60
>         domUs on 8
>         > Cluster-Nodes, with Live-Migration, HA-Failover and
>         LiveBackup through
>         > lvm-snapshotting.
>         >

>         This is interesting. Want to tell more about your setup? CLVM?
>         iSCSI?

nope, just AoE and LVM

>         What kind of physical server hardware? What kind of storage?

It s self-build. We had evaluated FC-SAN-Solutions, but they were slow,
unflexible and very expensive. We 're using Standard-Server with bonding
over 10Gbit-NICs

This setup transfers 1300 MB/s at the moment, is highly scaleable and
was about 70% cheaper than a FC-Solution.

>         What exact kernel and Xen versions?

at the moment its xen 3.2 and 2.6.18-Kernel. I am evaluating 3.3 and
2.6.26 atm.

>         Thanks!
>
>         -- Pasi

If interested in this Setup, i could get you a overview with a small
abstract, what is managed where and why... you know ;)

Thomas