Re: [Xen-users] PCI Passthrough for Windows error

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] PCI Passthrough for Windows error
From: colchaodemola <colchaodemola@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:18:05 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:18:48 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Todd Deshane wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 3:16 PM, billy lau <billylau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> ways

>>> step.

>>> is
>>> >

>>> VT (virtualization support) has a bios option, VT-d (IO virtualizaiton)
>>> has
>>> another.
>>
>> I see. Yes, I have confirmed that both options are on in the bios.
>>

>>> Did you turn the computer off (not just restart) after setting that
>>> option?
>>
>> Yes.
>>

>>> The xm dmesg should show that I/O virtualization is enabled.
>>
>> Doing another xm dmesg, it still shows (XEN) I/O virtualisation disabled.
>> Any other thoughts on how to turn it on?
>>

> What version of Xen?
>
> Have you or could you try xen-unstable?
>
> Cheers,
> Todd
>
> --
> Todd Deshane
> http://todddeshane.net
> http://runningxen.com

I am having the same problem though my architecture is a little different.
I am running red hat 5 ES and compiled xen 3.3 from source ...
Processor is AMD DUAL OPTERON 2218

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 65
model name      : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218
SUN ULTRA 40 M2
I have IOMMU enabled in BIOS, but i always get io virtualization disabled.
Am i missing anything ? Does it AMD IOMMU supported ?
I am gonna try xen unstable and see if it works.