Re: [Xen-users] One physical NIC and multiple bridges

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] One physical NIC and multiple bridges
From: "Gordon McLellan" <gordonthree@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 09:28:34 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 06:29:19 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=hIonMj1orPzhgB0ZqX0bTjdkau8gicTrV3Sh7g0tmUE=; b=TT3w9Hgcmttwp7dg1RoomNJPf4cRTvMceTrJzeN5PyhpROu+DOpeSDYpCE/QnvoAc+ VkIMX1CLGQgzroT7qxE5znTsCyAPv8lnMRC7nwUss3ASXaVCnHj8KBV9jdJcQ1qF5XsA 43YPeLO57B3D0mcPm3xlXQZQ9oURdYgsxup7Y=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What does your network setup script look like in /etc/xen/scripts?

As far as I know, a bridge has to be tied to a device on the host, but
that physical device doesn't need to be real.  My host has four
bridges on it, three of which are bound to real ethernet devices, the
fourth is bound only to a dummy ethernet device.

here's my network setup script, it lives in /etc/xen/scripts and gets
auto-executed when xend starts up.

# cat my-network-script
#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=eth1 bridge=xenbr1
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=2 netdev=eth3 bridge=xenbr2
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=3 netdev=dummy1 bridge=xenbr3

bridge3 is my 100% virtual network, which exists only in the memory on
the host and not on my physical network.  It's connected to my
phyiscal network via a firewall DomU which only allows certain traffic
to cross over.

I hope this helps!

-Gordon