AW: [Xen-users] Live migration and drbd

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AW: [Xen-users] Live migration and drbd
From: "Rustedt, Florian" <Florian.Rustedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:14:32 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 00:15:17 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>... but could somebody explain why using drbd on top of
>lvm is preferable to using drbd with physical devices and lvm on the
drbd devices?

I could only imagine, that this was born on the difficulty running drbd
as primary|slave so the slave node couldn't find the LVMs' because it
couldn't access the device.

In that case, you can start LVM not prior to setting the primary state
on drbd.
So are we running our Nagios, two nodes, primary/slave, heartbeat for
LVM-startover on the change...

As you can see, LVM over DRBD is no special trick..

Now, with primary|primary today, there's no sense in keeping LVM "down
under" in my eyes. However, there was no real sence for this before..

Seems to me, as it is just a textual skeleton from previous
doku-versions that's not prooved again or born in the ease of usage
because the system can find the LVMs independent of the drbd ..?

Regards, Florian
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the
named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager or
the sender immediately and do