[Xen-users] anyone getting corruption under GPLPV after a bug check?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] anyone getting corruption under GPLPV after a bug check?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:51:21 +1100
Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 14:52:04 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've just committed a fix to hg that fixes a problem in the bug check
code, which mostly explains why crash dumps weren't always being written
out, and I have a suspicion that without the fix there is a chance of
filesystem corruption when a crash dump occurs.

Can anyone using GPLPV comment on whether they might have seen this?
Basically, everything works fine under GPLPV (no corruption) until they
get a crash dump (eg BSoD) and then things start going wrong?

I'll release an update soon, but maybe until then configure your systems
to not write out crash dumps (My Computer Properties -> Advanced ->
Startup and Recovery Settings -> Write Debugging Information = (None))

Btw, if anyone knows anything about running the WHQL tests against a
scsiport driver, I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks

James