[Xen-users] System Date issue with Xen Guest

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] System Date issue with Xen Guest
From: "Sameer S. Bagwe" <victorian_sameer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 23:53:04 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 23:53:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm using Xen on RHEl5 and had created two guest instances.

Output of:
# rpm -qa |grep xen
xen-libs-3.0.3-64.el5_2.3
kernel-xen-2.6.18-92.1.10.el5
kernel-xen-2.6.18-92.el5
xen-3.0.3-64.el5_2.3

I had manually booted this guest instances using the frontend that comes in GNOME.

I had configured the instances to autostart on boot and the service that does this is /etc/init.d/xendomains but did not test this.

Yesterday my server was rebooted and xendomains booted the guest fine. However I noticed strange thing that the system date of the guests was stuck/hung at exact time when the host machine was rebooted.

Then I turned off xendomains service and used the Gnome frontend to manually start the guest instances and the system date was back to normal.

Please can anyone explain whats happening here?

Thanks

Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger.