[Xen-users] A tale about pci and xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] A tale about pci and xen
From: Christian Lyra <lyra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:42:19 -0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:42:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

        Just want to share a issue that i had with a DVB pci card on domU. I´m
using xen 3.1 (so far the one that works best with my various pci
passthrough devices), and I wanted to export a DVB pci card to a mythtv
backend domU. The domU could see the device, and load the modules
correctly, but when it tried to use the device the domU froze, and cpu
went 100%. After trying a lot of extra parameters, and almost giving
up, i though about something less obvious. The host machine has a dual
core processor, and the domU was configured to use only one cpu. So i
modified the config to allow domu use both 2 cpus, and the problem is
solved!
        I guess that this problem has something to do with cpu/smp affinity. Is
this expected or did i found a bug?

--
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP