Re: [Xen-users] Shutdown of dom0 with running DomUs cannot deactivate vo

To: mlg-hessigheim@xxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Shutdown of dom0 with running DomUs cannot deactivate volume group
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:59:28 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:00:06 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=qOjG9OdR/mQYK8QMbEJgnX8WAj3wyzRYfY0B2ia79Ek=; b=D2uyxWcAmUDvq2GKf/a8KAy/5A0aB43nMxM93IYQ/sIcWsZaXkOE4FCQ7hatWMgPQz WOgroiy2yFvbkibhe726JkbP7WX/LVJxYCYJyPAhIzrKkwLcF2h0RZhdvxdfqDQZkyo9 ifzVvQEy/5LeBWIadZzcgpm6oo7XoZ465xl1A=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 6:12 AM, Martin Lang <mlg-hessigheim@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a little server with some Debian DomUs that are automatically started
> at system boot. Each DomU uses LVM Volumes for root and swap area. When I
> now shutdown the whole machine using the shutdown -h command in the dom0 I
> always get an error message that LVM cannot be shutdown properly because
> there are still some active volumes. These are the volumes used by the
> domUs. When I manually shutdown the domUs using xm shutdown, I do not get
> the error message.
>
> My question now is: is there something similar to the autostart of domUs for
> shutdown? Do I have to write a special script that calls "xm shutdown -a w"?
> If yes where do I have to place it.

You should be able to use the domU config option:
on_xend_stop

cheers,
Todd

--