[Xen-users] (no subject)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] (no subject)
From: "Axel Schöner" <axel.schoener@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:32:26 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:33:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:57 AM, "Axel Schöner" <axel.schoener@xxxxxx>
wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > has anyone tested this board(DQ45CB) positiv on vt-d?
> >
> > when i try to boot with iommu=1 then i get a "general protection fault"
> > "panic on cpu0" "errorcode=0000" after the message "I/O-virtualisation
> > enabled"
> >
> > tested with gentoo, xen-sources-2.6.18.12 and xen-3.3.0.
> > vt,vt-d are enabled in bios.
> >
> > with the dq35-board i had before all works fine.
> >
> > i hope i can get any helpful tips.
>
> I would suggest testing with the latest xen-unstable and kernel from
> xenbits. The board *should* work according to the wiki:
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VTdHowTo
>
> VT-d works pretty well, but it is still under pretty heavy development.
>
> If you get the same problem with xen-unstable, you should report it to
> xen-devel.
>
> Cheers,
> Todd

hi,
thanks for your answer.

I' ve tested also xen-testing by mercurial this day.
I will try it with xen-unstable in the next days, when there is time for it.
But i think it could also be a bios related problem.
I had same results with the q35 after biosupdate, restoring it to the first
bios cleared the situation.

The motivation to write these mails was to find someone who can answer me if
there are possibilities at the moment to use this feature or if i have to
wait to a working bios or a newer xen-release.

I think my problem is the bios or xen.

Mfg Axel