[Xen-users] format of xen.gz as distributed with xen 3.1.0 tarball

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] format of xen.gz as distributed with xen 3.1.0 tarball
From: Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:25:55 -0500 (CDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:29:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am having an issue with xen 3.1.0 tarball as distributed
by xen.org, the tarball which included the kernel and the userland
in the same package.

It appears that this combination doesn't support the 3ware 9650SE
raid controller because the version of the 3w-9xxx driver
is too old.

My questions--does this driver exist both in the xen.gz as well as
the initrd.img?  Seems like it would have to.
Also, what is the format of the xen.gz?  Obviously you gunzip it
first, but then what?  How do you see what if any files are in there?

Steve Timm