[Xen-users] Windows XP filesystem corruption when using device-mapper ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Windows XP filesystem corruption when using device-mapper ?
From: Peter Van Biesen <peter.vanbiesen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 10:27:23 +0200
Cc: nice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 01:28:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm currently running windows XP without the gplpv drivers. At nearly every
reboot, some directory or another gets corrupted on the filesystem. I found bug
1363, which talks about gplpv and lvm, but maybe gplpv is not the problem here,
maybe it is the ioemu that is at fault.

Anyway, I had a lot of problems with gplpv on lvm. When I used the plain disk,
windows would boot and run, but sometimes it would want to do a disk check on
reboot. Letting it do that would corrupt the fs again. Beware: when I talk
about 'plain disk', I mean a device mapper device created by the multipath
daemon. So the dm module is still in between it.

I Haven't tried using a real plain disk ( a disk actually in the server ).

The dom0 is running on a 2.6.18, maybe it is a bug in the devicemapper of this
old version ?

Does anybody have the same experience using multipath/lvm/device mapper ?

Kindest regards,

Peter.
--
Peter Van Biesen