Re: [Xen-users] Trouble with xen-unstable x86_64

To: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Trouble with xen-unstable x86_64
From: Tyler MacDonald <tyler@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:17:22 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 10:17:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I downloaded the latest unstable and installed on 2 amd dual athalon 64
> x2's (dual cores).
>
> Kernel went fine. I'm getting this error when trying to start xend :
>
> ImportError: /usr/lib64/python/xen/lowlevel/xc.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory

I had this problem last night as well. It turns out that 32-bit linux had
been installed, so it couldn't access the 64-bit libraries. I had the system
reinstalled properly with 64-bit linux, re-installed xen, and everything
works fine.

        Cheers,
                Tyler