RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.3 install from source on centos 5.2

To: "'Nemeth, Tamas'" <nice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.3 install from source on centos 5.2
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:22:59 -0600
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 08:23:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I use xen 3.2.1 (3.3.0 seems to be too buggy).
>Xen 3.2.1 seems to be fast, and reliable.

Yeah, I agree but I understand current tree has many fixes, no time to mess
around yet.

>I compiled xen the following way:
>I downloaded the linux-2.6.18-xen-3.2.0 kernel and xen-3.2.1 separately,
>and then first, i compiled the kernel by:

><During the building process, i watch this video:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLyTrsk1Ey8>

Hilarious...

>make install
>make modules_install
>mkinitrd <IN SOME WAY>

Hrm, make modules_install? I wonder if this has anything to do with my method
posted above using the stock CentOS Xen Kernel and modules not loading w/o
putting
them in the initrd? After a reboot they don't reload on their own so I had to
build
the initrd as I stated.

Thanks!
jlc