Re: [Xen-users] Question about kernels in Xen

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Question about kernels in Xen
From: Stefan Bauer <stefan.bauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 18:05:08 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:05:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Isaac Wagner schrieb:
> 2. Does anyone know how to create a kernel image from the 2.6.23.9
> kernel that will successfully boot a domU guest?  The problem I am
> having is that the compile creates a bzImage, but that is unusable as
> Xen needs a zImage kernel.  Is there any way to get my kernel to work
> as a Xen guest?

Hi,

since 2.6.23 xen support for dom0 is available without patches in the
main kernel from kernel.org. To dont mess around with configurations
just copy your existing .config from your 2.6.23.9 kernel probably
stored in /boot/config-2.6.23.9 or available through /proc/config.gz
to the new kernel source directory and do a make menuconfig. most
settings should be supplied without problems.

Regards

--
stefan.bauer@xxxxxxxxxxx                Cubewerk
Tel   +49 8621 996 02 37                IT-Beratung + Planung