[Xen-users] Controlling VNC console port

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Controlling VNC console port
From: "David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:15:24 -0500 (CDT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:16:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can't find a way to *control* what port a VNC console for a domU is on.
There's a vncport param to virt-install, but it doesn't seem to do
anything. There doesn't seem to be a parameter in the config files in
/etc/xen at all.

Maybe I can control where dom0 VNC ports appear, though my tests give
inconsistent results.

I need these to be in stable places because they're going to be on systems
in a cluster hidden behind a load-balancer, so I need to set up ssh
tunnels on the load-balancer to allow outside connections to the system
consoles (particularly key for the windows servers in the cluster, but
desirable for all of them).  So that the windows people responsible for
software maintenance on the windows servers don't have to learn Linux and
Xen just to get to the console of their Windows box!

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info