RE: [Xen-users] problem with GPLPV drivers > 0.9 in Win XP HVM

To: "Sebastian Reitenbach" <buzzdee@xxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] problem with GPLPV drivers > 0.9 in Win XP HVM
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:42:45 +1000
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:43:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> today I tried to install the GPLPV drivers in a freshly installed XP
SP1a
> HVM machine, without luck, I tried these versions:
> first, 0.9.11-pre17 and then 0.9.11-pre9, both with the same result:

All my testing has probably been done with XP SP2 or SP3. Are you able
to test these and see if it works? It may be that I introduced some
dependency on SP[23] somewhere along the way...

> In the hardware list, I saw the Xen PCI PV Driver marked with a yellow
> exclamation mark, and when I clicked on it, I read:
> Windows is unable to use the driver, it may be corrupped or missing
(Code
> 39)
> Additionally, under Other devices an Unknown device showed up, marked
with
> a yellow question mark

I would expect something like that if I was using a function that was
only available under SP2 and above...

James