RE: [Xen-users] xen 3.3.0 PCI device must be co-assigned to the same gue

To: 'Andy Burns' <xen.lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen Users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xen 3.3.0 PCI device must be co-assigned to the same guest
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:59:13 -0600
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 13:00:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have my box back working under xen 3.3.0 (thanks to whoever created
>the repo at http://www.gitco.de/repo/xen3.3.0) seems my hypervisor
>wasn't built correctly, I can now start my domUs.

Thanks for that pointer! I also have an issue with a poorly built 3.3.0!

Why aren't you simply generating a new initrd with a --preload=pciback?
I wonder if that's not part of the issue (though that's a weird error msg).
I expected to see that for some devices like dual/quad port nics where two
ports share the same pci location.

Keep us posted as to your success with this version of Xen...

jlc