RE: [Xen-users] problem with extra storage via iscsi

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] problem with extra storage via iscsi
From: Tammo Schuelke <tas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:49:39 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:50:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>open-iscsi assigns the discoverd LUN also to /dev/sda

So the domU does stop working since it's losing its root partition?
If not, what's the output of udevinfo -q symlink -n /dev/sda?

In general, iSCSI from within a domU should be working since it's plain TCP/IP.
Performance wise it would probably be better to connect to the targets in dom0
and assign the LUN to domU as a regular block device.