RE: [Xen-users] GPL PV drivers for Windows 0.9.11-pre12

To: "Steffen Heil" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] GPL PV drivers for Windows 0.9.11-pre12
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:58:32 +1000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:59:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi
>
> After having problems with earlier versions of the gplpv drivers (not
> receiving any network packets), I just tried the current -pre12 drivers.
> Still the same problem:
> - the xennet device does not receive any packets.

I'm at a loss to explain this still. Once I get this version stabilised
(just migration working after the change to irq handling) I'll start looking
at bugs like yours which seem to affect a minority of configurations.

> Therefore I rebooted to stay without gplpv drivers, as the speed  is
> mostly
> fine for me.
> However, now I have some strange effects in the device manager (booted
> without /gplpv):
> - The xen net device is shown but marked.
> - There are two Xen block device Driver entries shown but marked.
> - Xen stub device drivers (Console & Virtual frame Buffer) shown but
> marked.
> By marked, I mean this yellow exclamation mark.
>
> Is this normal?
> I am fearing to loose my data partition because of the duplicate block
> device drivers.

Yes, this should be the case. I can hide them, but then it makes it really
hard to upgrade or change them when booted without /GPLPV, so I decided to
leave them there but disabled (they deliberately fail the START irp).

James