[Xen-users] More complex bridging setup

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] More complex bridging setup
From: "David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:13:18 -0500 (CDT)
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:13:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To test on one box of virtual servers an LVS-plus-real-servers
configuration I need to do something more complicated than the basic
bridging installation that I finally figured out.

Seems simple enough to mess with the network-bridge script.  But I'm
seeing problems with naming conventions.  The ethernet interfaces are
named according to domain ids (numbers), which depends on the order
they're created in.  This will presumably be stable when I've got it all
configured and the box just loads my config when it starts; but during
development, each time I start a new domU it'll have  a new number.

So, how do people deal with connecting particular virtual interfaces in
particular domUs to particular bridges in their configs  in a way not
dependent on startup order?  Having to reboot everything from scratch for
every step of debugging seems like a nightmare, and I'd like to hope I can
avoid it.

(New to Xen; this is my first Xen box, running with Centos 5.2, currently
two Centos 5.2 guests and a Windows Server 2000 guest.  In play / test
mode so far.)

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info