Re: [Xen-users] Installing XEN on Debian Lenny/Sid x64

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Installing XEN on Debian Lenny/Sid x64
From: Markus Hochholdinger <Markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:30:07 +0200
Cc: Simon Gottschlag <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:31:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 20. August 2008 04:34 schrieb Simon Gottschlag:
> Hello everybody! I'm quite curious if someone have made Xen work with
> Debian Lenny/Sid x64 and maybe even gotten xen-vserver to work?
> I would like to get a new kernel working on my x64 machine with xen 3.2.1
> but what I've tried with Lenny/Sid haven't worked (from respetories).
> If someone gotten it working, does ioemu also work?
> Maybe someone got a guide? Please link if so.

yes, it's all up and running with lenny. First i used
  deb http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/debian-kernel/waldi/xen-extra all
main
for my dom0 kernel. But i had to compile kernel modules and the kernel-headers
package was not complete. So i took
http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/3.2.0/linux-2.6.18-xen-3.2.0.tar.gz
for compiling my own kernel with the kernel config from
2.6.18-xen-3.1-2-amd64.
The default gcc-4.3 doesn't work correct for me (my dom0 reboots shortly after
the system comes up) so i used gcc-4.1, which is also in lenny.
If you don't plan to use 32 bit PV domU you can also use the etch dom0 kernel.

I didn't checked ioemu because i don't plan to use it.

--
greetings

eMHa