Re: [Xen-users] Migration of physical host to Xen-Instance

To: Tino Schöllhorn <t.schoellhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Migration of physical host to Xen-Instance
From: Sadique Puthen <sputhenp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:06:29 +0530
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:37:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tino Schöllhorn wrote:
Hi,

we are currently in the process of virtualizing an already existing infrastructure. So far we are able to run a XEN-System and several DomUs and everything is fine.

Now we like to migrate an already existing Linux-System (actually CentOS) which is installed on its own box to our XEN-System, i.e. we want to virtualize it.

Are there any documents about best practices of how to move this system to the XEN-Box?

If you are ready to do some experiments, please try http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v/

--Sadique

Glad for any hints and suggestions.

Cheers,