Re: [Xen-users] how to specify vif device name?

To: Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how to specify vif device name?
From: Sadique Puthen <sputhenp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:00:21 +0530
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:32:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rudi Ahlers wrote:
Hi all

Is it possible to specify which vif device a domU VM should use? I see that it sometimes change around, depending on which order they were started in. So, how do I tell XEN to always use the same vif for the same domU ?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Some xen versions supports "vifname=name" to be used in vif = section of guest config file. This support has been abnormal, as this was introduced in 2.x, removed from 3.0.1 re-added to 3.0.3. So not sure current version has this support or not.

--Sadique