Re: [Xen-users] Live migration - Networking take 2 minutes or so to retu

Hi,

> An RDP connection seems to cut network migration time down to about
> 20seconds so at least it helps. Pinging the router from within the VM
> during migration means I only lose 4 pings and about 5 seconds downtime.
> I'm guessing this issue might be down to the cheap router and switches
> we use in the office, hopefully it will be OK once it is in a production
> environment with much better Cisco gear.

i have my xen stuff connected to a cisco 3750 and sometimes i lose 1
ping, sometimes i only have some high ms ping time.
But that is switch related, not router. the router has the same IP/MAC
pair, even if you migrate, the switch needs the time to see the new
mac on the new switchport.

try it with cisco.

regards Martin