[Xen-users] Re: DomU network configuration problem

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: DomU network configuration problem
From: shubham <shubham.sharma@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 08:00:25 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:01:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> You can do following steps:
>
> 1. Assign any private IP to your DomU
> 2. Assign the subnet gateway to the domU, above vuf configuration is
> fine i guess.
>
> 3. Now as dom0 is on different subnet, create the eth0 (i assume here
> that eth0 domU and eth0 of dom0 is connected to xenbr0 ) alias as a
> gateway for domU.
>     In dom0:
>     ifconfig eth0 add domU-gateway netmask.
> 4. Now that gateway should be pingable
> 5. Now add the forwarding rules
>     echo 1 >/procsys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>    Now you should be able to ping the eth0 on dom0.
> 6. Add the masq rule as above.
>    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE (use the eth0 address)
> 7. Now you should be able to ping google.com
>
> HTH
>
> -tej

i tried these instructions but i could not proceed till step 4.
i was not able to ping the gateway from domU.

is there any method to know that the eth0 of domU is connected to xenbr0

one more information that i missed out last time was that i am using full
virtualization. so i just want to confirm that are the above steps fine
for full virtualization as well?