RE: [Xen-users] xen-friendly glibc

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 11:22 +0530, Geetha, ANGLER - EIT wrote:

> Thanks for your timely response Tim, It is very helpful for all
> slackware xen users.

Hi, sorry for this rather late reply :)

> I am using slackware 12.0 and glibc version is 2.5.
>
> I bit of scared abot this issue, but I clear now from your explanation,
> but i have to disable this warning :) so i doing research on this..
>
> Please help me..

Why do you have to disable the warning? Really, it is _completely_
harmless.

> Can you give me the url for Xen-friendly glibc for slackware?

I don't know that one exists. If it doesn't, you would have to dig up
patches from some other distribution, get them to go in cleanly and hope
to god that nothing breaks. I would not hack libc and then immediately
put systems using it into production use, ever :)

In essence, if you can't find one from Slackware, you have to recompile
libc yourself after doing semi-major surgery.

Moving tls to tls.disabled prevents any other threading service from
using those shared objects. You really do not need to worry about init.
Has anything but init or other core utilities thrown this warning?

Is your boss or client fixated on that warning? It would be easier to
hack xen to disable it if pid == 1 (and a bit safer) prior to rebuilding
init (or much less libc).

Cheers,
--Tim

--