[Xen-users] FC 9 xen kernel does not boot

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] FC 9 xen kernel does not boot
From: Eredicator X <eredicatorx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 11:43:46 +0900 (JST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 19:44:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to boot the fedora core 9 xen kernel(2.6.25.3-2.fc9.x86_64.xen).
Cause it is one of 2 that when I boot it sees all 4GB of my memory.

When I try to boot the xen kernel from grub, it boots it up and then the last
message is "Xen relinquishing VGA console". Then the next kernel
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.x86_64 is booted.

Here is my grub.conf for the xen kernel.

title Fedora (2.6.25.3-2.fc9.x86_64.xen)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /xen.gz-2.6.25.3-2.fc9.x86_64.xen
        module /vmlinuz-2.6.25.3-2.fc9.x86_64.xen ro
root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
        module /initrd-2.6.25.3-2.fc9.x86_64.xen.img

I do not see any issues with grub and since the kernel has not started there is
no logging of what went wrong where.

Is there a way I can fire up this kernel to see where the problems are and try
to correct them? I am not so skilled with kernel level things. Also is it
possible I will need to rebuild my own kernel for my particular motherboard.

Software; FC-9 with xen
Hardware; AMD_64 Phenom
          GA-MA770-S3 MB
          RV505 [Radeon X1550 Series]
          4GB of DIMM 800MHZ RAM
          3x 500GB SATA WD HD

My goal with this box is, build a entire virtual environment, 2 clustered web
servers, 2 clustered mail servers, 2 clustered FTP servers, and back end
storage using ISCSI or some other open nas system. The creation of my own
private sand box.

I have been screwing around with diffrent Linux distros to find one I was
comfortable with as a base system. I would like to use cent 5.1 but xen would
not boot on my hardware and it did not see all 4 gigs of ram. 2 problems as
opposed to 1 in FC9.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Erin