[Xen-users] Remote control to RDP opened session

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Remote control to RDP opened session
From: "Yavor Trapkov" <yavor.trapkov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:55:41 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 03:56:17 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=xVOrt23nih4YokL8+FCCrqcr43l3OVMLEC6ijLYICnQ=; b=mIKzz+6R7M+haeL4VdZoR/jCrCIxTGqQZcR6IG3Yq5HX6lfxUvKAUQJOTDzKPNHnuD HlqeXk8Ra3mqRrHzyRh1DJ7RUbqnvI8KJBkU3XqbGj8StFCYY/Jv6QSCkUnbd7chqmzz Orzlqyu6v1AC5HqAdkNS2bqfOLSdTUr0rdJCE=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

We struggle with a strange problem trying to remotely contol RDP session opened to a XEN Fully virrualized XinXP guest.

We built a xen XP desktop guest, equivalent to our normal physical desktops, we use novell network, and Zenworks to distribute applicatione etc..

The virtual XP guest behaves exactly the same way as the physical one, but we faced the following issue:

users access their virtual workstations using RDP, the user session is initiated through RDP,

when trying to take remote contlol of a user session (if the user request assistance - tool provided by Zenworks), an authorization box pops up to ask the user to grant access, strangely enough this pop up window doesn't appear within the user session, I see it if I open the "console" via virt-manager,

it turns out that RDP connection to a XEN guest doesn't connect to the "console",

we've tried to remotely access RDP xen guest session via VNC service running on the guest, but the result was the same - VNC connects to the consle, not to the user session,

physical desktop doesn't have this problem : RDP session is properly accessed via Zen or VNC.

Doesn anyone experienced the same problem, what is the cause of the isue, how can I fix it, any information or suggestion would be very welcome

Many thanks