Re: [Xen-users] UPS (Power) Monitoring on dom0...

To: Xen-user List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] UPS (Power) Monitoring on dom0...
From: CHERAMY Guillaume <guillaume.cheramy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:11:51 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:12:32 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=hvSGbwfK06TWbOKIuIWhfyNGPiXmBLhkVNR1qT0q3MU=; b=k20jhKt1b08rqONcjLrWMMBIh8NJg12SR/zxmQ9LOs0wUt9TxBvza+06FzwGdkbd97 EPn4EO8j6koJtr8rLDLkqITiPiJl+NWfqO/jLoagWAttILdUQvaloTSi6Vnnkse32Wti fgwXYKY7A6jJm7+Xi4FsPqCVpLG9y7zXoSYbI=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Joseph L. Casale a écrit :

> >I have a USB-HID compatible UPS which is connected to my dom0 (CentOS
> 5.1) which is being monitored.  I have a bunch of domU's of >various
> OS'es, and was wondering if anyone has a solution to send the "state"
> of the UPS to the domU's (read-only).  I'd like that in the >event of
> a power-outage and the UPS's batteries are low that before dom0 shuts
> down, that all appropriate domU's are properly shutdown >before dom0
> is shutdown.
> >
> >I was wondering if anyone is running in a similar scenario?
>
> I have the same scenario, I use apcupsd and wrote a bash script to be
> executed at shutdown instead of the normal one.
>
> As I don’t use pv drivers for the windows hosts, I use a net command
> and send a shutdown. The bash script waits for them to shutdown and
> checks them with a loop.
>

> Works effectively (at least in testing <grin>).
>

> jlc

I wants to do the sames things but I have got a problem with /dev/ttyS0
because I wants to use the serial port of my MGE UPS. So could you send
your bash script ?

Thanks a lot

--
                         ''~``