RE: [Xen-users] Network Bridge Fails After 3.1.3 -> 3.2.1 Upgrade

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Network Bridge Fails After 3.1.3 -> 3.2.1 Upgrade
From: "James Dingwall" <james.dingwall@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:29:25 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:30:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
James Dingwall wrote:
> The output from the Gentoo created bridge (brctl show, ip show link)
> bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
> breth0          8000.00e0812be348       no              eth0
>
> 15: breth0: <BROADCAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue
>     link/ether 00:e0:81:2b:e3:48 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

In this scenario :
- your eth0 should be up, no ip address
- breth0 should be up, have an ip address (optional, if your dom0 needs
it)

in your example it seems like breth0 is missing an ip address. Is this
intentional? What are the relevant entries in syslog when the bridge
stops working? What is the status of eth0 (up, ip address?)

The IP for the bridge is assigned correctly.  The bridge functions
correctly at boot (I can ssh in to domU) and then dies after some time.
My logs show successful NFS mounts of a dom0 export for ~9 hours before
it stops.

James