RE: [Xen-users] Xen GPL PV, W2k3 SBS, Xen Net driver

To: "Nathan Eisenberg" <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen GPL PV, W2k3 SBS, Xen Net driver
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:16:55 +1000
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:17:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> This is at the risk of getting offtopic, however...
>
> When you're doing these restores, you're restoring the full system
state,
> right?  Typically, what happens is since the ID of the NIC in the
restored
> enviroment is different from the original NIC, the IP address
information
> is not restored to that device - however, there are still some traces
of
> the hardware in the registry (it's a ghost device).

Corrent. It's not really a problem though, I just use netsh to copy the
config across to the 'new' adapter. I understand why the problem occurs
and was just pointing out to the original poster that when booting with
/gplpv he is introducing a similar situation - old network adapter
disappears and new one appears in it's place. I suspect that when he
rebooted, the system hadn't really hung it was just taking a long time
to boot.

James