RE: [Xen-users] Unable to hot-add disk to Win2K3 HVM withGPLPV drivers

To: "Andy Burns" <lists.xensource.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Unable to hot-add disk to Win2K3 HVM withGPLPV drivers
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:53:39 +1000
Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:54:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > It would have been, except that save/restore doesn't work now.
>
> Hmm, hot adding a disk worked when I upgraded to 0.9.11-pre5 but now
> seems to fail again with 0.9.11-pre9
>
> Existing domU has LVM for hard disk as hda and iso for cdrom as hdc, I
> created a new LV

This is a bit of a long shot, but Windows tends to remember the driver
it had attached to various devices, so if you had device #832 running
with 0.9.11-pre5 and that device wasn't present when you upgraded to
-pre9, windows might still use the old driver.

Once you block-attach the device, can you right click and see what
version of the driver it has loaded? Even if it says -pre9, please try
upgrading the driver anyway.

James