Re: [Xen-users] RE: Problem with GPLPV drivers 0.9.11.pre8

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] RE: Problem with GPLPV drivers 0.9.11.pre8
From: Andy Burns <lists.xensource.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:32:13 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 03:32:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 20/07/2008 04:31, James Harper wrote:

I guess you've found out by now that the disk is toasted...

I did have to restore the domU in the end (from a bzip'ed dd image of the LV), which caused windows to complain

        "Since windows was first activated on this computer, the hardware
        on the computer has changed significantly, due to these changes
        windows must be reactivated within 3 days"

This is on the same physical dom0, but now with Centos 5.2 + xen 3.2.0 instead of Fedora8 + 3.1.3, the domU has been re-created (for a change of LVM mount point) does anyone know if a different domU UUID or NIC's MAC address passes sufficiently different info into the domU that triggers windows into doing this?

If this reactivation changes everytime I upgrade Xen, or the PV drivers, or use an LVM snapshot or whatever is causing it, I'm worried Microsoft will eventually disallow further re-activations ...