Re: [Xen-users] Making a VM directly accessible from a public IP

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Making a VM directly accessible from a public IP
From: Daniel Kao <dkao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:00:30 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:01:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Thomas,

You're exactly right.  You just need to specify it in the DomU configuration file as an additional NIC.  Requirements are though that Xen already has a bridged interface that's attached to your physical "external" NIC in dom0 so that your domU's can have access to it.  Other than that, just update your domU's configuration with the respective bridged NIC and you're good to go!

Cheers,
Daniel

Thomas wrote:
Hi,

Currently my Xen server is working like a charm. I use Xen 3.2.1 with
a Debian Etch Dom0 and Etch DomU. The VM have access to the
network/internet  using NAT. Each VM is given a virtual network
interface and a private IP 10.0.0.x. What I would like to do know is
that a VM can be directly accessible from another public IP.

So my physical server is at 91.121.xx.xx. My VM is at 10.0.0.1 (on
that server), and I have a free IP address 91.121.yy.yy (IP failover
actually) that points to my physical server.

iptables can only redirect packets to an IP that is on the same network.

How can I do that? Do I need to specify it in the DomU configuration
file as an additionnal network interface for my domU? Can you point me
to some resource about that?

Thanks

Daniel Kao
Übermind, Inc.