Re: [Xen-users] vlans+bonding+bridging

To: Martin Hierling <martin@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] vlans+bonding+bridging
From: Longina Przybyszewska <longina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:21:38 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:22:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for immediate help !:-)

Yes, it is Cisco switch - I have not access to it - have to ask network people to check configuration.

I have got another basic problem:
this is PE2950 with 6 NICs, but I would like to bind together 2 Broadcom cards eth4+eth5--->bond0.

1. they are bound together in a way - because I can set up IP address only for one card. If both cards get IP I'm loosing networking.

2. if I try to run (only eth5 is configured on boot)
mii-tools -v
I get :
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth4' failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth5' failed: Operation not supported

Both cards are on the same switch, only eth5 is configured on boot
(/etc/networking/interfaces - as I run Ubuntu Hardy)

Could it be TOE issue (TCP/IP offload engine jumper set op in BIOS)?

Thanks in advance
longina