[Xen-users] PCI passthrough to a HVM *without* VT-d ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough to a HVM *without* VT-d ?
From: "eric gisse" <jowr.pi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:13:05 -0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:13:38 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=C7vlD3AHqokSMLMTc+lrR4adilXoPu64iNqlT8UqW7o=; b=fnm2OSgNN335kA7FseWErnFenx3XuZ8mezKI8KtZPnt/lnalVtwF3WLdnemtGQ/DY4 j8yDOSbo80qeAXby8aqpGmStBR1rCZ37z/bNpaU5fehbsVL1wulEuDuq8k65YGcwUvqU kU/asgaE6E+ymRro8D7iPfGc2zSR/nBTx8kxA=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a system whose cpu can run a hvm. I have some PCI devices that
I would like to be able to pass through straight to the domU
Specifically, I want to pass through a device to a Windows VM.

No, I explicitly do _not_ have a system with Intel's VT-d technology.

In an ideal world, I would be able to pass the graphics and some
arbitrary non-graphics PCI cards direct to the DomU. Graphics isn't
necessary, but it would be sooooo nice.

I'm willing to do anything required to the sources and computer to
make it possible - it just has to work and work reliably to some
extent.

I have seen the patch set from Guy Zana [HVM PCI passthrough
(non-IOMMU)] but have not had a chance to make a custom ebuild on
Gentoo yet. Does anyone have any comments on that patch set?