[Xen-users] How to remove Release 0.8.8 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows?

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] How to remove Release 0.8.8 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows?
From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:34:34 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:35:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a Windows 2003 system that has 0.8.8 drivers loaded. I had
originally loaded it to get rid of the PCI device not found issue. The
system does not have /GPLPV in the boot.ini file.

I tried following these steps:
Open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet

  * Search for all occurences of UpperFilter or LowerFilter keys
    containing xenhide.sys and delete them

  * Delete Services\Xen* (anything in Services starting with Xen)
  * Delete C:\Windows\inf\oem* (assuming you haven't installed any other
    drivers since install besides gplpv)
  * Reboot, making sure not to select a boot entry that specifies /GPLPV

After doing this the machine just keeps rebooting right after the boot
process starts up.

Any suggestions? I'd like to try one of the more later versions of the
drivers to see if it takes care of what looks like some network issues.
I was going to try 0.9.10.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
James