[Xen-users] Network nightmare. Is NAT better than bridge for DomU to Dom

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Network nightmare. Is NAT better than bridge for DomU to DomU?
From: "G. Michael Carter" <mikey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:41:25 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:42:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm having lots of fun with my xen machine...

I've done all the tips I can find with sysctl and txqueuelen. External machine to Xen Dom0 is about 40-50MB/s and to DomU's anywhere between 10-40MB/s But DomU to DomU is being a real pain. Most times I only get 6MB/s. One thing I've noticed (I think) is when my webserver domU talks to my db domU speeds start fluctuating really bad and the network traffic is rather small. virt-top will report 60MB/s transmition on the vir interfaces even though the file is only transferring at 2MB/s

I was wondering if I set up a local virtual network would it be faster than the bridge from DomU <-> DomU network? Any one have any tips other than what I've found about sysctl and txqueuelen?

Michael