Re: [Xen-users] Monitor/Restrict network traffic of XEN Client

To: Gavin Spurgeon <gspurgeon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Monitor/Restrict network traffic of XEN Client
From: Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 07:08:04 +0200
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:08:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gavin Spurgeon wrote:
Hi List,

(Long time lecher, first time poster)

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but here goes..

I have a few test Guests on a Xen host, and I would like to start monitoring
(and maybe restricting) the network traffic of the guests but not the Host.

No I know this can be done with iptables, but I just wondered if anyone knew
of a package or how-to to set this up with Xen on CentOS 5 ?

If this is way OT, then please let me know and I will hunt for another list
to post to...

Thank You for your help...

"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything,
they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.."
Gavin Spurgeon.
AKA DaGeek

I know there's a good howto on this subject on the OpenVZ forums, which will work the same for Xen as well. Check it out

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com