RE: [Xen-users] Multiple NIC and ports in XEN source and XEN enterprise

To: "'Fischer, Anna'" <anna.fischer@xxxxxx>, <D.Kalogeras@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Multiple NIC and ports in XEN source and XEN enterprise
From: "Venefax" <venefax@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 07:12:29 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 04:20:24 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:from:to:cc:references :in-reply-to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:thread-index:content-language; bh=Tamn0dEq10vLwSqU3sUImikapeTpskdkmuGVOhSYOk0=; b=KsDSOvcPrYj/ZMigiYbMFCtug9RFGPSvQobYgTQzX2SJkpWtVQtrlBeNwP96vMXR9h SG7c2pSz8x19+lM2AEdFSdZOM4hBmNkZcznIeIUdYZ+/EtPS444FX3NZUkOCZHOY+aWu qjtQssK1oYLZnrhdGcXc6Nvm1J8ECRwAXpHf8=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I decided to assign a physical NIC to every DOMU, to minimize bottleneck,
since my app is a telephony softswitch, and depends on network IO. I have 8
NICS in the box and 8 softswitches.

The question is, how can I do that? Also, is there a way to measure the
network IO that each domu is generating, using dom0. I mean, without
installing any software on domu's, only by looking at dom0?
I have also heavy network traffic between domu's. How can I optimize that?
Some of the domu's are in different networks, and I noticed that the packets
go out on the internet and come back, which is ridiculous. How can that path
be shortened? I imagined that since the mac addresses are local, XEN would
be able to send it directly to the destination, is that even possible?
Finally, what brands are there for Virtualization-aware NICs? Maybe I will
buy one.