Re: [Xen-users] vm create test ="losetup /dev/loop0 /data/xen/domains/te

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] vm create test ="losetup /dev/loop0 /data/xen/domains/test/disk.img failed"
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:00:18 +0100
Cc: Christian Nitschmann <christian.nitschmann@xxxxxxxxxx>, jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:01:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'll second the suggestion of SELinux; you either need to:

a) switch it off (not ideal since you'll lose the security benefits)
b) make sure the image is in the right place to satisfy it
c) educate SELinux about your preferred domain image path.

I'd also note that using tap:aio: instead of file: has been the preferred
means of serving a block device from a file for a while now and might be
worth trying.

Cheers,
Mark