Re: [Xen-users] UUID info and VIF info

To: Erin Hughes <eredicatorx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] UUID info and VIF info
From: Luke S Crawford <lsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Jun 2008 21:14:32 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:13:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Erin Hughes <eredicatorx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> A mistake in sys admining on my part has caused a major malfunction.
>
> I created a domain called max01 and some where along the line I
> noticed that I deleted the host configuration file in /etc/xen/
> YES a backup of /etc would be nice right now but, I do not have one.

> vif = [ "mac=00:16:3e:5d:04:1c,bridge=xenbr0,type=ioemu" ]

> It does not seem so difficult but where would I get the UUID info and
> VIF info?

First, if the box is still up, you can

xm list -l domainname

that will give you the old values.

You can leave out the UUID completely.

You can also leave out the  mac='...' value from the vif and it will generate
a mac address for you (every time you reboot, so you might want to pick a
non-conflicting mac address)